There has never been a more exciting time to work at Wolves. The club is in the process of developing practices, strategies and teams to deliver success at the very highest level. This has never been as important as it is now in supporting performance on the field of play.
The club is in the process of developing its Performance Analysis and Research department, enabling even greater quality and depth in the service provided across the club. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing the methodology and research analysis across the academy, this will involve working closely with the Research and Methodology analyst as well as the academy performance analysts. The role will be responsible for data visualisation and longitudinal analysis to provide insights into team and individual performance and to support the analysis pre and post-match workflows.
- Develop and maintain performance KPI’s relative to Wolves’ performance throughout the season, relative to playing style and club strategy.
- Identify and maintain key measures for individual, unit and team performance relative to playing style.
- Utilise tactical, technical and physical measures to highlight Wolves playing style and identity.
- Build, monitor and regularly update academy databases (video and statistical) to cover league trends throughout the season.
- Create reports to be distributed to staff across the club from the data and video collected, highlighting the key trends.
- Using the video and data available through internal and external sources, maintain a database of best practice examples from each phase to be used across the club for player/team/coach development.
- Support the coach development framework within the academy.
- Support the elite player programme, providing analysis support and feeding back key messages using video and data.
- Be a role-model of the club’s values.
- Compliance with Club policies
- Compliance with the Club’s health and safety procedures
- Compliance with the Club’s safeguarding policies
- To promote the Club’s values
- To work consistently to embed equality & diversity into the Club
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected
- To maintain professional conduct at all times
- This role involves working with children and/or adults at risk in a Regulated Activity (or in close proximity to children and/or adults at risk). This means that the post-holder is required to apply all relevant policies and uphold the Club’s commitment to safeguarding vulnerable people.
- Reporting to the Head of Performance and Research, working as part of a team of forward thinking Performance Analysts, building strong relationships to provide an elite and relevant service to all departments.
- Work closely with the Research and Methodology analysis to ensure consistency between 1st Team and Academy workflows.
- Develop strong relationships across the academy coaching staff, enabling a feeling of trust so that they can contribute the required information as and when necessary to the highest possible standard.
- Develop relationships with support staff to enhance feedback processes across the phases.
- Build strong communication links with the Recruitment Department in sharing information, providing an insight through the KPI and trend reports produced, to enhance the recruitment process.
- Produce content relevant to enhance player and coach development through elite best practice examples from the Wolves 1st Team and Academy
- Build good relationships with data and software companies to help support continued development of the department workflow and knowledge base.
Knowledge: the level and breadth of knowledge to do the job e.g. understanding of a defined system, method or procedure, legal or regulatory frameworks etc
- A minimum 2:1 in a relevant Performance Analysis/Sport Science related degree.
- Previous experience of working in a professional football club.
- Previous experience of working with data and ability to filter this into informative reports and to visualise data to highlight key messages.
- Previous experience of Tableau (or similar data visualisation software).
- Strong use working with all Microsoft Office products.
- Clear communication styles through written and verbal work.
- High levels of attention to detail.
- Positive attitude towards challenging tasks.
- Team player and ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Highly organised and able to structure/file work, making it easily accessible to colleagues.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time.
- Learning mentality, looking to constantly improve and pick up new skills/attributes.
- Post-holder will be subject to a DBS check at the appropriate level and cleared by the Wolves Safeguarding Manager.
- A Performance/Data Analysis postgraduate course.
- A strong understanding of both the tactical and technical aspects of football.
- Experience using Apple products (including MacBook Pro).
- Ability to work with video, using a range of tools including SBG, SportsCode, iMovie, Wyscout.
- Has experience of using Telestration tools to annotate video.
- Previous experience of working with Statsbomb data.
- Previous experience of working with R.
Get to know more about Soccer HUB!
Follow us on Facebook!