Assist the Coach (Lead) to implement the Academy coaching curriculum and support the development of players at NUFC Academy, under the guidance of the Heads of Player and Coach Development.
- Effectively coach, mentor and develop the performance of players within respective age group;
- Assist the Coach (Lead) to plan, prepare and deliver well structured, enjoyable, and accurate sessions to a respective age group, in line with the Academy coaching curriculum;
- Lead session’s where required;
- Implement the Academy playing philosophy, ensuring the Club’s principles and style of play are adhered to;
- Implement the Academy coaching philosophy ensuring that clear and consistent messages are communicated at all times; • Work within the Coach Competency Framework (CCF) and review individual performance against the CCF for all aspects of the roles;
- Work in conjunction with the Coach (Lead) to ensure that all multidisciplinary objectives are achieved;
- Assist the Coach (Lead) with the process of conducting six-weekly player review meetings, supported by other support staff; discuss and record individual learning plans and player progress against their process, performance, and outcome goals;
- Discuss team and squad selections with the Coach (Lead) and the Player Development Coach prior to each fixture;
- Work in conjunction with your squad’s multidisciplinary team to ensure that all relevant data, particularly coaching time, game time and player reviews, is recorded on the Club’s chosen performance management application and easily accessible when required as stipulated in the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP) regulations;
- Any other reasonable duties.
- Perform duties with due regard to club policies and procedures and legislative requirements at all times;
- Ensure implementation of the club’s health & safety, safeguarding, welfare and equality policies to create a safe working environment for all;
- Maintain an awareness of data best practice and ensure working practices are appropriate in collaboration with club’s legal/compliance/other relevant functions;
- Undertake continuous professional development (CPD) training and/or additional training as identified or as required.
Qualifications & Training
- The Football Association (FA) Advanced Coaching Licence – UEFA ‘B’;
- FA Safeguarding workshop;
- FA Basic First Aid for Sport; FA Licensed Coaches Club.
- Sports/teaching/relevant degree;
- FA Advanced Youth Award;
- Mentoring/personal coaching qualification.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience of working with players within the professional game;
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Strong presentation skills;
- Understanding of EPPP and the audit process;
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding, welfare, and equality;
- Competent in Microsoft Office and Apple software packages.
- Experience of working with players within the professional game (in your specific phase);
- Competent in analysis software packages i.e., Sports Code;
- Tutoring/teaching experience.
Check all of our coaching certified courses here!