Closing Date: 08 Mar 2022
Tottenham Hotspur is a world-famous football club based in North London. Off the pitch, the Club has a strong and successful business model centred around building a platform for long-term success, which will include a new world-class stadium currently under construction.
The Club operates out of multiple sites, including a world class Training Centre in Enfield where all the First Team and the Academy’s training and coaching activities occur, and where the Academy department is based.
The position will involve working irregular hours (e.g. Evenings / Saturdays / Sundays / Bank Holidays) so a flexible candidate is sought.
- To attend matches within the designated geographical area and identify young players who have the quality to play for Tottenham Hotspur Football Club’s Academy squads.
- To follow the Academies processes and protocols when scouting players and matches.
- To build up detailed knowledge of talented players in an area – including in Category 1, 2 and 3 Academies – as identified by the Academy Recruitment Department.
- To identify the best U16 players released by Category 1 academies in the region.
- To recommend to the Head of Academy Scouting players that meet the player profiles and are appropriate for THFC.
- Continue to expand THFC relationships with clubs and agents in the immediate area.
- Liaise with THFC scouting staff across the national regions in order to share all aspects of information regarding players and fixtures.
- To attend the CPD programme provided by the Academy.
- As directed, periodically attend Academy training and team matches to maintain a knowledge of the minimum standards required to improve the Academy.
- Support remote recruitment by using filmed footage to scout games when there is no weekend football.
- The job will require you to work unsociable hours including evenings and weekends.
- Identify and observe players – project a professional image maintain an ambassadorial role for the Club and Academy at all times, and adhering to the Club policies and protocols, specifically in relation to the recruitment of young players and to ensure that the reputation of the THFC Academy remains intact.
- To work and be an integral member of the Scouting network in identifying players for the club.
- To develop a network of contacts in youth football wishing the designated geographic area and specific age range in order to maximise coverage of that area and ensure the club a working knowledge of all talented young players.
- Produce reports on players and games specified by the Academy Recruitment Department.
- To abide by all club policies including (but not exclusive to) Safeguarding, Equality and Health & Safety
- Thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas
- Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates
- Gets things done, delivers to highest of standards, takes responsibility
- Flexibility and availability at weekends
- Authenticity and integrity
Skills & Experience
- Good organisational and personal management skills
- Proficient IT skills (specifically Word and Excel)
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to deal with day-to-day issues on own initiative
- Effective time management
- Ability to relate well to children and adults
- Experience of working in an Academy Environment (Minimum 5 years preferred)
- Experience of coordinating and planning schedules
- Experience of working with children (6-12 year olds)
- Experience of working to deadlines in a high-pressure environment
Get to know more about Soccer HUB!
Follow us on Facebook!