Sheffield United FC Academy are committed to being one of the best and innovative developers of talent in the country; to Out Run, Out Fight, Out Play the opposition. Our Academy have an exciting opportunity available for a motivated and progressive thinking Head of Academy Performance Analysis to join the team and contribute to the Academy’s key aims. The successful candidate will have a passion for the development of players and teams within the Academy setting, keeping up to date with the latest research in the field to embed within their analysis work. The Head of Academy Performance Analysis will work collaboratively across the wider multidisciplinary team to encourage and motivate players to achieve their potential and beyond, supporting coaches with feedback sessions on performance.
- To oversee the provision of performance analysis services across Sheffield United Training Academy.
- To work with the wider Academy multidisciplinary team to ensure all pre-match, post-match, training and individual development work is delivered on a weekly basis.
- Participate in multidisciplinary team meetings to ensure the alignment of all Individual Development Plans for Academy players.
- Create Technical and Tactical learning content to de delivered to players and staff to support SUFC Academy Philosophy.
- Ensure all footage is uploaded and accessible to players and staff on HUDL in a timely manner.
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders such as Sheffield Hallam University to deliver student volunteer programme and collaborative research projects.
- Analyse performance through filming and coding of Academy games programme and training sessions.
- Organise staff to ensure fixtures and training are covered as required; managing a team of permanent and casual colleagues, and volunteers working within the Performance Analysis team.
- Extend and enhance the delivery of pre/post match feedback sessions for the U23 development squad.
- Develop a programme of feedback delivery for individual schoolboy players.
- Develop motivational and supportive materials to be utilised on a weekly basis as part of team preparation.
- Assist with the provision of a coach education plan in accordance with full time and part time coaching staff.
- Be responsible for the statistical analysis databases that aid in the development and management of players.
- Continue the creation of a video database to support coaching philosophies.
- Archive academy match footage and statistical data.
- Assist in the organisation of in-service/training evenings in coordination with Academy Manager and Head of Academy Coaching to develop an understanding of integrating performance analysis into practice.
- Keep abreast of the advances and progressions within Performance Analysis.
Essential Criteria for the role
- A BSc in Sport Science or a related subject OR equivalent experience in professional sport.
- Experience of working in a Performance Analysis role, OR with Performance Analysts in previous roles.
- Experience of using a variety of Performance Analysis software packages and services such as Sportscode, Angles, HUDL, Wyscout and/or InStat.
- Excellent football knowledge and an ability to relate this to the SUFC Academy Philosophy to facilitate player development.
- An understanding of pedagogy and the ways in which young athletes learn and retain knowledge.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to delegate and work within a team to efficiently meet deadlines.
Desirable Criteria for the role
- An MSc in Performance Analysis would be desirable but not essential.