- Lead and deliver the provision of Strength and Conditioning to the Burnley FC Academy Players.
- Lead and manage the Sports Science and Strength and Conditioning support to the Burnley FC Youth Development Phase players.
- Contribute towards the growth and development of the Academy Sports Science department, to improve the level of support and detail provided to Academy players.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To develop and implement the Academy Strength and Conditioning Syllabus in collaboration with the Academy Head of Sports Science.
- Devise and lead the delivery of individual gym-based programmes with assistance from the Lead Sports Scientist and Academy Head of Sports Science.
- To develop gym-based testing protocols with appropriate progressions, benchmarks, and targets throughout the age groups.
- Assist the Academy Head of Sports Science and Lead Sports Scientist with on-field delivery of Strength and Conditioning (warm-ups, physical development session, ILP work, non-selection training group) Youth Development Phase Physical Development
- Implement on field physical development sessions to develop physical qualities and aid injury prevention.
- Plan and deliver weekly gym-based injury prevention and strength and conditioning sessions for the Youth Development Phase players in line with the Academy Strength and Conditioning Syllabus.
- Monitor daily physical exertion of training using heart rate, GPS and RPE methods and feedback to the coaching staff via verbal communication and visual reports.
- Monitor and educate players on the importance of daily wellbeing, hydration, nutrition, and recovery in line with the Academy and Sports Science educational framework.
- Liaise with coaching staff to deliver periodised training sessions with relevant training durations and intensities to ensure progressive overload and prevent overtraining.
- Lead the Youth Development Phase fitness testing sessions across the course of the season.
- Develop individual physical development programmes for the YDP players based on identified individual needs.
- Provide sports science match day support in terms of preparation, nutrition, monitoring, hydration, and recovery.
More info HERE