About The Role
This exciting new position will be responsible for the overall management and strategic direction of the LCFC Women’s Academy Pathway to develop players for the First Team. The Academy Lead will work closely with the Head of Women and Girls Football and the Women’s General Manager relating to the control and direction of the Academy with the objective of developing players for the First Team and wider football community.
Role requirements and key duties;
– To ensure that the Academy operates within the rules and operational requirements of FA WSL Academy rules.
– To formulate, implement and manage the club’s Performance Plan.
– To ensure that the Academy operates with the financial plan set out by the Directors.
– Oversee and manage the day to day running of the Academy and lead the Academy Management Team, along with provide a link with the Women’s 1st Team.
– Coach the WSL Academy team for all training sessions and on matchdays.
– To take overall responsibility for the recruitment and development of academy staff and players into the Academy.
Who We’re Looking For
The ideal candidate will have significant experience in the following:
– Clear leadership and management skills.
– Knowledge of the professional Women’s football, The FA Women’s Super League and the requirements of being a WSL Academy.
– Providing leadership and vision to staff, demonstrating key experience in a management and leadership role.
– A good understanding of youth development in elite sport.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following skills and competencies;
– The ability and knowledge to liaise with and challenge experienced professionals across the academy departments and wider Club.
– Strong communication skills – able to communicate clearly and concisely at all levels.
– We will also be looking for strong relationship management, teamwork and ownership skills based on your experience.
Do you have these requirements?
– UEFA A licence or working towards
– FA Advanced Youth Award
About The Club
Knowing some of the history of LCFC Women helps you appreciate the sense of community, spirit and family for which the Club are renowned for.
In May 2021, LCFC Women were promoted to the FA Women’s Super League. From its formation in 2004, the Club was run on an amateur and semi-professional basis with support from Leicester City Football Club. In August 2020, the Club turned professional after being acquired by King Power International – Leicester City’s parent company – and realigned as a core team in Leicester City’s football operation.
We value and respect individual difference and recognise that the diversity of our staff contributes to our success off the pitch. Our inclusive culture and approach is supported by our Stonewall Diversity Champions partnership, our Time to Change pledge and our status as a Disability Confident employer.
LCFC Women offers a competitive salary and pension scheme. Employees are able to benefit from free onsite parking. Employees also benefit from up to 33 days’ annual leave including bank holidays.