The main purpose of this role is to contribute to development and delivery of Physiotherapy care to the First Team players and to provide Physiotherapy services, including service provision at home and away games if required.
- To work daily with the First Team players to limit time loss through injury and to enable optimal transfer of training into match day performances.
- To work with the Head of Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy to deliver accurate assessment, diagnosis, prognosis and efficient and effective rehabilitation for players who have sustained injury.
- To work as a member of the club wide Physical Therapies Department to develop and establish practices aligned to the objective of becoming the most effective Football Medicine and Science Department in world football.
- To liaise with other Club Physiotherapists, Club Doctors, Club Paramedical consultants, Masseurs and external healthcare professionals for the adequate provision of suitable care for the Manchester United Senior Professional Playing Staff.
- To ensure that full physical screening and physiotherapy records are kept in accordance with the Manchester United Physiotherapy Service Standards.
- To maintain compliance with relevant Professional Practice Standards and Club Service Standards (including the Manchester United Physiotherapy Service Standards).
- To contribute to the Injury Prevention Programme for Senior Professional Players in conjunction with the Club Doctor, Head of Human Performance, Head of Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy and First Team Physiotherapy colleagues.
- To contribute to the daily provision of daily preparation of First Team players for training.
- To assist with match-day preparation for First Team fixtures as required including emergency injury care.
- Report to the Head of Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy for daily workload organisation and Professional Development & Review purposes.
- Liaise with the Head of Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy for personal and departmental research support/supervision and professional mentoring as needed.
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy.
- Health & Care Professions Council registration.
- Master’s degree in a subject relevant to the role (Desirable)
- Extensive experience of advanced resuscitation and emergency aid procedures in elite sport- Current ATMMIF or equivalent qualification. (Desirable)
- Extensive experience of physiotherapy provision within elite performance. (Essential)
- Extensive knowledge of relevant scientific evidence and research and a desire to assist and develop research within the role.
- Excellent clinical reasoning skills.
- Excellent treatment skills.
- Highly experienced in the planning and delivery of end stage rehabilitation in performance sport.
- A commitment to maintaining continuous development personally and as a contributing member of the club wide Physical Therapy team.
- To exhibit sound personal qualities including effective communication and diplomacy skills, self-motivation, enthusiasm and ability to work under pressure.
Get to know more about Soccer HUB!
Follow us on Facebook!