Tottenham Hotspur is a world-famous football club based in North London. Off the pitch, the Club has a strong and successful business model centred around building a platform for long-term success, which includes a new world-class stadium which opened in April 2019.
The club operates out of multiple sites, including a world-class Training Centre in Enfield where the position of First Team Physical Performance Coach is based. The successful candidate will work within an established multidisciplinary medical team with an impeccable record of success in elite player management and rehabilitation.
The First Team Physical Performance Coach will be responsible for the delivery of an industry leading rehabilitation program for first team players following injury. Alongside club doctors, physiotherapists and sport science staff, the applicant will be responsible for the planning and delivery of all pitch and gym-based sessions, and the reintegration of players to training and match play following the completion of the rehabilitation process. As such, the successful applicant must be able to work to an elite level within a multidisciplinary team consisting of rehabilitation doctors and physios and conditioning staff. It is considered essential that players returning from injury do so with an improvement in athletic ability.
In addition to their primary role of overseeing the return to training and match play of first team players following injury, the successful applicant will work alongside the other members of the performance team to deliver industry leading pre-activation sessions, post-training performance sessions, and match day sport science support as required. As a result, the role requires an individual who is able to perform such hours as necessary to complete their roles and responsibilities, which will require travel and the working of unsociable hours including weekends and bank holidays.
The position will involve working irregular hours (e.g. evenings / Saturdays / Sundays / Bank Holidays) based around team schedule, so a flexible candidate is sought.
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club welcomes applications from anyone regardless of age, disability, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
- Oversee the rehabilitation of a first-team injuries from a physical standpoint.
- Continue to develop a rehabilitation process that provides consistency throughout the first team and academy.
- Plan and implement an industry-leading rehabilitation program for all first team injuries.
- Deliver individualised and bespoke pre-activation sessions for all first team rehabilitations, to ensure physical improvement has been achieved upon completion of the rehab process.
- Deliver individualised pitch-based sessions for all first team rehabilitations, including early, mid- and end stage position specific work.
- Working with the first team sport scientist, plan the physical pitch periodisation of first team rehabilitations to ensure optimal loading is achieved prior to returning to training.
- Working with the first team strength and conditioning coach, plan and deliver all post-training physical performance sessions of all first team rehabs to ensure physical improvement is achieved upon completion of the rehabilitation process.
- Provide detailed monitoring reports of all first team rehabilitations throughout the return to training process.
- Maintain accurate and detailed electrical records of all pre-training, pitch and post-training sessions of all rehabilitations.
- Assist with the planning and delivery of all pre-training sessions to all first team players.
- Assist with the delivery of on-field warm-ups for first team training sessions where required.
- Assist with the planning and delivery of all post-training performance sessions to all first team players.
- Thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas
- Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates
- Gets things done, delivers to highest of standards, takes responsibility
- Excellent knowledge of the physiology of training, within football.
- Ability to interact effectively with all members of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to implement innovative ideas and influence athlete and coach plans.
- Forward thinking, with the ability to anticipate and plan for all eventualities.
- Strong team ethos, with the ability to build strong professional relationships with coaching and playing staff.
- Ability to adapt and change training programs and plans safely and effectively.
Skills & Experience
- BSc in a Sport Science discipline.
- MSc in Sport Science or Strength and Conditioning.
- UKSCA Accreditation.
- Ability to demonstrate an extensive portfolio of working with elite athletes.
- Previous experience of sport science/strength and conditioning delivery to elite footballers.
- Evidence of leadership experience with responsibility for a sport science function within a football environment.
- Evidence of planning and implementing the rehabilitation program within a football environment.
- Extensive experience of working full time with elite level athletes.
- Successful experience of working full time in a high-performance team environment.
- Be a good role model for staff and players in the elite sport environment in terms of knowledge, behaviour, and development.
- EXOS Performance Mentorship.
- UEFA B Licence.
- BASES Accreditation.
- First Team experience in elite professional football.
Get to know more about Soccer HUB!
Follow us on Facebook!