What is the role?
We have an exciting new opportunity for an undergraduate student to join our Academy on a full time coaching work placement. The purpose of this role is to provide coaching support within the foundation phase and youth development phase, as necessary, whilst continuing with coaching related academic studies.
What are we looking for?
To thrive in this role, you will have previous coaching experience within a football development system and qualified at FA Level 1 & 2. The ideal candidate will be proactive and eager to learn skills to add to their personal development. You will be confident in communicating with adults and children.
This placement MUST form part of the overall degree programme in order for you to be considered.
The competencies which are required include:
- Experience of coaching within a football development system
- Experience of identifying and developing talent, as well as monitoring and reporting upon player progress
- Evidence of proactively seeking personal development opportunities
- Experience of working with support staff from psychology, S&C, physiotherapy and analysis
Essential Qualifications (including certifications):
- Undertaking a bachelor level related degree that permits a placement year
- FA Level 1 and 2
- FA Safeguarding
- Emergency First Aid Award
Desirable Qualifications (including certifications):
- Hold or working towards FA Youth Modules
- Hold or working towards a UEFA B licence
- Good communication and listening skills with both adults and children
- Proficient IT skills
- Good organisational skills
- A responsive approach to change
What do you get in return?
If you are successful you can look forward to:
• Living allowance of £500 per month
• Opportunity to work for a successful Premier League Club
• Working in an environment with strong core values
• Learning and development opportunities
• Working with likeminded individuals.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 21st March.