Birmingham City Football Club are offering 1 x Full Time Sports Science work placement. The chosen applicant will gain valuable experience working within professional football and have the chance to apply their current knowledge within an applied setting.
Benefits of the programme would include:
- Opportunity to work within an elite, professional sports club environment
- Work alongside experienced sports science professionals
- Chance to observe the planning and implementation of a comprehensive sports science support programme
- Day to day interaction with multi-disciplinary staff within the football department
- Develop the ‘soft-skills’ to compliment the underpinning theory already learnt
- A years applied experience which helps set you apart when seeking employment
Roles and responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the existing 1st team sports science staff
- Preparation of nutritional supplements pre and post training
- Preparation of equipment and nutritional supplements for matches
- Matchday support for 1st team home matches
- Assisting with physical testing
- Input and assist with data management from training and matches
- Assisting with live GPS & HR monitoring
- Assist in the monitoring of GPS and HR load for 1st Team squad
- Any other tasks deemed suitable
- A good standard of education (e.g. GCSE’s or equivalent including Maths and English)
- Be studying towards an appropriate degree (eg. Sports Science) and currently in their 2nd year of studies.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work to deadlines and within defined standards
- A strong work ethic and willingness to learn
- Ability to multi-task
- Must have a keen attention to detail
- Computer literate with experience of using Microsoft Excel.
- A passion for developing a future in Sports Science
- The ability to communicate and work closely with the Player, Coaching, Medical and Sports Science departments is essential.
Desirable Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to undertake research
- Tenacity, ability to adapt to a constantly changing work environment
- Demonstrate the ability to mix with different departments effectively communicating and distributing information
- Self-starter with high integrity and ethical behaviour
- Highly organised
Get to know more about Soccer HUB!
Follow us on Facebook!