What is the role?
The purpose of this role is to identify and assess the level of potential players to be considered by Southampton Football Club as recruitment options as part of the UK Youth Scouting Team. This role predominately focusses on the recruitment of players in pre-academy and foundation age groups to support our Staplewood and Bath programmes.
What are we looking for?
To thrive in this role, you will have experience working in an elite football environment and with foundation phase players. Building relationships is a key element to this position so the ideal candidate will have impressive interpersonal skills with a good network of contacts. Additionally, you will have an outstanding attention to detail, confidence working independently and good IT skills.
The competencies which are required include:
- Has experience in an elite level football environment.
- Has experience of live and video scouting/report writing.
Essential Qualifications (including certifications):
- FA Talent ID Level 4 (or working towards)
Desirable Qualifications (including certifications):
- FA Coaching Qualification Level 3
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the foundation phase of the football industry along with rules and regulations governing players and recruitment.
- Good interpersonal skills – must be a consistent team performer and also have the ability of working independently.
- Highly skilled at building, developing and influencing relationships.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Excellent IT Skills and familiarity with scouting databases.
- Excellent organisational qualities.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines. The nature of the business means that there are significant variations in the level of activity; this requires the Job Holder to work whatever hours are needed to allow deadlines to be met.
- Trustworthy and adherence to codes of conduct, ethics and confidentiality.
- Identifiable track record in Scouting and recruitment.
What do you get in return?
If you are successful you can look forward to a healthy benefits package;
- Access to x2 free match tickets for every home league game
- 25 days’ holiday per year
- Life Assurance Cover of 2x salary.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Incentivised Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
- Child Care Vouchers.
- Worldwide Travel Insurance.
- Free onsite parking.
- Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.
MORE INFO HERE
Get to know more about Soccer HUB!
Follow us on Facebook!