F.C. Copenhagen is recruiting a Head of Technical Scouting to contribute to the continued development of the scouting department.
Based at our training ground and reporting to the Technical Director, the Head of Technical Scouting will collate scouting information and coordinate an efficient player identification process with great emphasis on data and video.
The key duties of this role include:
- Identifying and profiling the most suitable and available players globally
- Applying data analysis to complement subjective scouting methods
- Conducting in-depth research and compiling presentations on potential targets
- Providing recommendations on prospective signings
- Organising and delegating work to other members of the scouting department
- Leading the continuous development of the methodology for player identification and analysis
- Appraising technical scouting resources
- Working closely together with the Technical Director in shaping and operationalising a club-wide recruitment strategy
We are looking for
The ideal candidate is first of all passionate about the recruitment field in professional football and pinpointing undervalued players on a global scale.
The ideal candidate has the technical skills to apply video, data and statistics and thus make the scouting process more effective.
Moreover, the ideal candidate is a strong coordinator with a flair for creating structures and improving current practices.
Experience and knowledge
- Experience of working in a professional football club in a scouting or analysis capacity
- Experience of using data to underpin player and game analysis
- Broad understanding of player recruitment processes
- Relevant vocational qualifications and experience that provide an understanding of the technical and tactical demands of professional football
- Computer literacy and competency in using various analysis, video, presentation and B.I. software (e.g. Microsoft Office, Tableau/Power BI)
- Competency in using various scouting and analysis software (e.g. Wyscout, Opta)
- Working-knowledge of data analysis and statistical inference
- Analytically proficient and attentive to detail
- Skilled in designing and running processes
- Capable communicator, verbally and visually
- Open-minded and eager to find “next practice” in the field