Job Location: Crystal Palace Football Club Academy, Copers Cope Road, Beckenham, Kent BR3 1NZ
Contract Type: Permanent/Full Time
Opening Date: 09 September 2020
Closing Date: 23 September 2020
Crystal Palace Football Club are looking for a Head of Coaching to manage and monitor the implementation and development of the coaching programme for U13s-23’s to ensure excellence in all areas adhering to the EPPP, as well as overseeing the development and delivery of the coaching staff in line with the Coach Competency Framework.
You will be responsible for…
- Managing and coaching with both Head Coaches and Assistant Head Coaches of the following teams implementing coaching standards and academy’s playing style across the teams spanning: U13/ U14/ U15/ U16/ U18/ U23.
- Developing a bespoke coaching pathway for each individual coach through the Training Needs Analysis (TNA).
- Completing agreed number of Coach Competency Framework reviews for each coach within the YDP and PDP phases.
- Implementing the Academy playing style and coaching philosophy using our core values into all multidisciplinary staff.
- Managing both internal and external professional development for both phases and individuals with a season long plan.
- Being responsible for managing continued professional development budget for coach qualifications.
- Recruiting the best coaching staff for CPFC Academy using a profiling strategy.
- Forming part of the Academy management team (AMT)
- Attending all multi-disciplinary meetings as and when required and all CPFC Club staff training.
- Attending tours as and when required to help staff develop in high pressure situations.
- Attending all FA, Premier League conferences and training as and when required.
- Additional EPPP requirements:
- Introducing both coaches and players induction policy.
- Creating age specific session libraries in line with the clubs playing style and game model.
- Maintaining the Academy’s syllabuses, match prep format, position specific sessions and IDP coaching across the phases.
- Developing a technical mapping system.
- Producing player profiles for all positions.
- Developing phase specific common languages across the phases.
- Managing evolution of game model.
- Keeping pace with modern game trends.
- Overseeing and manage coaches PMA data input.
- Developing and monitor players six weekly review process.
- Demonstrating potential succession planning policy within the phases.
- Overseeing coaches, players, parents code of conduct.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required by your line manager
- Upholding and promoting the Club’s policies and procedures, including Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Equal Opportunities policies and procedures
You will have…
- UEFA A Licence (minimum requirement)
- FA Youth Award
- Extensive experience (minimum 5 years) in coach development
- Knowledge and understanding of the EPPP process
- Valid FA Licenced Coaches Club membership
- DBS check undertaken
- Pro Licence
- FA Advanced Youth Award.
- Experience of working as an FA Coach Educator / Mentor
- Knowledge of the PMA system.
- Degree in a related subject
- Extensive experience of working across all levels in the professional game.
- Experience working abroad.
- A team player
- Enthusiastic and have a energetic personality
- An excellent communicator
Crystal Palace Football Club is committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare and protection of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. As such, the post holder will be subject to any relevant security checks as required.
What you’ll get in return….
- Competitive salary
- High level of responsibility from day one!
Get to know more about Soccer HUB!
Follow us on Facebook!