- JOB TITLE: Technical Scout
- REPORTING TO: Lead Technical Scout
- LOCATION: Hummel Training Centre, Glasgow
- EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Permanent, Full Time
- SALARY: Dependent upon experience
A unique opportunity has arisen to join the Scouting department of Rangers Football Club as Technical Scout. The full-time position will be based at the Hummel Training Centre reporting to the Lead Technical Scout.
The Technical Scout’s remit is to scout prospective targets using video analysis. Working across all age groups the Technical Scout is responsible for: clipping games, creating final videos, adding annotations and graphics and managing all content generated by other Scouts and Technical Scouts. Work must be consistently of a high standard where accuracy and attention to detail are a prerequisite. The role requires a high level of technical competency and proficiency in a number of specific software packages; Sportscode, Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote, Pages as well as other key or emerging IOS software. The Technical Scout is required to maintain active shortlists for all players assessed and must be able to work in a fast paced, modern, digital environment where high pressure and high expectations are normal. They should embody personal and professional excellence at all times.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Play a leading role in the Club’s talent identification process
- Use video analysis to proactively identify talent playing in all senior and emerging talent markets – globally
- Maintain active shortlists based on predefined RFC criteria
- Ensure excellent communication and collaboration exists within the department
- Be an active and present member of the Scouting Department
- Monitor designated leagues and targets
- Manage content across a variety of media – written and visual
- Be comfortable with modern scouting methods to identify, record and track talent
- Deliver to deadlines, ensuring accuracy and consistency exists at all times
- Contribute to scouting auditing process
- Be available and willing to cover live games as and when required
The candidate attributes include:
- Deliver a high standard of work in a pressurised environment with tight deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to see a task through to its conclusion
- Passionate about scouting and recruitment
- Fully committed with a flexible approach to working hours and travel
- Excellent soft skills, with an ability to excel in a modern footballing environment
- Ability to self-motivate and prioritise workloads
- Be solutions orientated
- Exceptional technical ability, highly skilled with various analysis tools
- Team player
- Full Driving Licence
- Football / Scouting / Analysis background
- Eligibility to work in the UK
EQUALITY & INCLUSION:
Rangers Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.
Rangers Football club also welcomes applications from suitably qualified members of the armed forces family.
The candidate must keep up to date with new methods and undertake any necessary internal or external training sessions in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures. Successful candidates will undertake a Basic Disclosure check.
Candidates who have been selected for the interview stage will be asked to complete, as part of the application process, a task prior to the interview. This information will be reviewed alongside the application.
As a result the candidates may need to be available for multiple stages of the interview process.
If you can add value to our team please email your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
THE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 26th February 2020.
Get to know more about Soccer HUB!
Follow us on Facebook!