We are currently recruiting a Loan Team Analyst on a paid full-time 12 month internship to be based in Manchester.
Reporting to the Football Partnerships and Pathways Manager, the successful candidate will possess an inquisitive mind with strong data analytics skills and as a result, will play a pivotal role in maximising the development of the City Football Group loan players by providing appropriate guidance and assistance through problem solving complex player data sets and reporting their insights.
Key responsibilities include:
- Demonstrate innovative data-orientated approaches to problem solving
- Explore & interrogate a multitude of data sources that sit within the CFG infrastructure to find actionable insights
- Own the management of Loan Team players’ data that sits outside the CFG infrastructure
- Provide direct tailored analytical support for the loan players and relevant staff
- Guide & support player development programmes through the application of quantitative analytical skills
- Communicating insights with key decision makers through visual storytelling
- Supervise feedback of performance and educational content to all loan players and staff, ensuring most applicable method and style is used
- Linking closely with the analysts at loan clubs in order to understand their game
model and demands on CFG players
Desirable skills & attributes for success:
- Generable knowledge of database concepts such as tables and queries
- Comfortable in programming in languages such as sql, r, python or similar
- Ability to design and implement insightful metrics, dashboards & communication tools
- Prior experience of visual analytics tools such as Tableau, QlikSense, Power BI etc…
- Ability to apply data visualisation techniques to facilitate conversations and assist in decision making
To Apply – Please send your CV and a two-page (maximum) digital document (PDF preferable)
evidencing your suitability for this role to [email protected] quoting reference FH-437
This may include, but not limited to:
Links to your work online
Examples of previous analytical work
Individual case study communicating your insights using suitable methods
Get to know more about Soccer HUB!
Follow us on Facebook!