Arsenal Women Football Club is one of the most successful female football clubs in the history of the women’s game, currently playing in the FA WSL. It prides itself on maintaining high standards and delivering excellence.
To lead the provision of all day-to-day performance analysis services within AWFC. This will involve working with the technical team, servicing all their needs around football analysis. This will encompass all aspects, pre-match opposition & post-match analysis, training & individual player analysis, player scouting & recruitment, management of analysis staff & service provider relations (ie. HUDL, Statsbomb, StatsDNA etc.)
The role would focus on leading the analysis support provided for AWFC First team. A successful candidate will possess strong leadership and management skills in order to utilise all resources to their full extent. This would involve working closely with the technical team to service all their analysis & scouting needs. This may include but not be restricted to; Pre & post-match opposition analysis/review, training & individual technical analysis, ad-hoc research projects/data trend analysis, live match-day analysis, player scouting & recruitment, analysis staff management and extensive team / individual video databasing. Other responsibilities would include:
- Lead in the profiling of all opposition teams, provide content and support based around the distribution of material to our first team players and assist in the creation of telestrated video.
- Lead in the storage, maintenance & application of all relevant equipment along with recollection of video databases and drive feedback to coaches/players around game performance with the goal of furthering our understanding of performance.
- Have a good understanding of how to use data in the right context to enhance performance on a team and individual level
- Support in the coding of all first team fixtures, create reports on team performance, drive feedback to coaches/players and help drive a more reflective and evaluative culture within the first team.
- Support a thorough match day process for live analysis to provide real-time feedback and assist in the troubleshooting of match-day networks.
- Assist in the management of the capturing of training footage to provide feedback & aid performance, lead in the capture of, coding & data generation of training sessions and assist in the application of training analysis.
- Liaise with internal and external software & data providers regarding performance analysis, ensuring we are continuing to develop the products and use them in the most effective ways.
- Where necessary, coordinating with the relevant medical, physiotherapy, fitness and football staff regarding player performance.
- Liaise with the Head Coach and technical team to both generate and maintain on-going video and data driven player scouting and recruitment reports.
- Initiate and carry out ad-hoc research projects for the benefit of team and individual performance
- Continually update knowledge of best practice within football analysis and be pro-active in the search of new technologies, innovations and processes to enhance current practice.
- Analyse performance statistics of prospective players in discussion with Head of Women’s Football (HOWF) and Head Coach whilst providing reports and recommendations.
- Have a strong understanding of how to use data in the right context improve decision-making in recruitment
- Create, collate and monitor scouting intelligence effectively, using all available resources.
- Identify potential AWFC First Team transfer targets using all available resources.
- Create and present Talent ID videos/clips on request by HOWF and/or Head Coach.
- Deliver regular training to the Assistant Analyst to ensure they are reporting correctly and understand the AWFC Style of Play.
- Gather market intelligence to build the Scouting Database.
Match/Event responsibilities and organisation
- Must be available to work all AWFC First Team matches – this will involve domestic travel and potentially international travel for tours.
MAIN JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
The role would focus on leading the analysis support provided for AWFC First team. A successful candidate will possess strong leadership and management skills in order to utilise all resources to their full extent. This would involve
- Ideally, the person would have previous experience of working within professional football in order to understand the unique nature of football culture and how best to apply the principals and fulfil the role of a lead football analyst.
- Experience of managing other analysts and to help other develop as professionals within the department
- Experience of observing and/or being subjected to different footballing and/or sporting environments. This will ensure a solid grounding and rounded view of varying working methodologies, aswell as an acute understanding of examples of best practice within football analysis.
- Being a relatively new field, understanding how a football/performance analyst fits into and can assist the football department is essential.
- Knowledge of key performance analysis systems and other software packages, such as Hudl Sportscode & Studio.
- Acute understanding of how best to implement the relevant performance analysis approaches within different working environments and with different types of individuals (players, coaches, manager, executives etc). Exceptional inter-personal skills that facilitate and allow the effective usage of performance insights.
- Comfortable handling data and understanding how to integrate this into a feedback process with players & coaches.
- A personable and adaptable management style to optimize workplace productivity and promote professional growth.
- Undergraduate degree relating to the field of Sports Science, Coaching and Performance and/or Performance Analysis.
- Minimum undergraduate degree relating to the field of sports science, data science or performance analysis
- Football coaching qualifications preferable (FA Level 2) and any specific performance analysis qualifications are also applicable (ISPAS accreditation, for example).
- Post-graduate qualification desired in a related discipline is preferred
- Extensive training on various analysis systems; Hudl Sportscode Pro/Elite, as well as a good understanding of MS Excel and various video editing software packages (Studio). It is essential to have a sufficient mix of academic, football and specific training experience and knowledge to carry out the role.
Closing Date: 26/12/2021