To lead, coordinate and supervise all medical provision for Academy players from Pre-Academy – U14’s.
• Lead the provision of physiotherapy services to all pre-academy – U14 schoolboy players.
• Working a minimum of two evening’s per week in order to provide injury assessment and treatment clinics and to ensure the smooth running of physiotherapy cover at the schoolboy training sessions. This will be assisted by all other academy physiotherapists.
• Working weekends is required to meet the needs of the Schoolboy programme of games and meet Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP) requirements.
• To ensure all medical equipment and procedures are regularly reviewed and maintained at the training ground and all Academy venues.
• Ensure the management of injuries effectively meets its commitments to the players, coaches and senior management through clinical audit and accurate documentation.
• To accompany players to medical consultations and short notice either in this country or abroad. Ensuring best practice is followed at all times and the player is receiving the optimal advice at all
• To strive to create a medical department that is viewed as a centre of excellence in the management of injury.
• A clear understanding of the Club Culture, Philosophy, Club Operations Document, Academy Performance Plan and requirements of the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP).