Due to the urgency of filling this vacancy, suitable candidates will be interviewed as and when they apply and the role will be closed as soon as a suitable candidate has been sourced.
We are looking for a Strength and Conditioning Coach working predominantly with the 9-16 age group to join our Sports Science & Medicine Team.
Scope of Duties
- Communicate and engage with staff, players, parents and guardians where appropriate.
- Attend all club and departmental professional development events.
- Actively engage in a fully functioning competency framework and integrated appraisal process.
- Continuously monitor the wellbeing of Academy players, liaising with the Safeguarding Services Manager.
- Ensure compliance with all the Policies and Procedures contained within the Staff Handbook, paying particular regard to the Equal Opportunities Policy and Health & Safety Policy and procedures at all times.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The assessment, monitoring, analysis and reporting on team and individual player physical and physiological information using relevant technologies and interventions.
- Fully utilizing The PMA and SharePoint systems – analyse, store and monitor all relevant data, providing feedback to players and staff as relevant.
- Implement individual and group strength and conditioning programmes using appropriate periodised plans, modalities, loading and injury minimisation strategies.
- Supporting the Sports Medicine department with the design and implementation of Return to Play objective markers.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with the Head of Academy Sports Science and Medicine and all other Academy and First Team SS&M staff as appropriate.
- To liaise with other professionals as required (coaching, medical, sports science, and administration) to ensure a complete interdisciplinary support on service provision for players.
- Provide advice and support to staff and players as appropriate in areas of expertise.
- Deliver and sometimes lead the sports science programme to the highest standard possible, to the benefit of the individual, group or team.
- Deliver extra strength and conditioning clinics as deemed necessary by coaching staff, SS&M staff or player/parent referral to enhance player development and performance.
- Use objective markers to identify areas that need physical development or facilitate improved performance.
- To design and implement strategies to identify years from peak height velocity.
- To design and implement anthropometric strategies to estimate adult height.
- To be responsible for the design and dissemination of the gym curriculum throughout YDP and FDP phases.
- Design and delivery of activation/preparation sessions for individuals/groups/teams.
- Assist in the delivery of physical preparation session.
- Design and delivery of recovery strategies as appropriate in conjunction with Academy Sports Scientists.
- Delivery of rehabilitation sessions in conjunction with medical staff or as directed insuring modalities and loads are appropriate to the phase of training.
- Assessment, monitoring and analysis of player data in relation to physical and physiological aspects of performance.
- Provide direction and support where needed for sports science and medical staff within the Academy to ensure program delivery is of a high standard.
- Lead the gym-based conditioning for all injured players.
- Help coordinate the S&C program delivery across the YDP & FDP and provide direction for the program within the Academy.
- Support players in their understanding of lifestyle choices and in educating them on the role of sport science and S&C in supporting their performances.
- Review and update all academy staff on the S&C programme as necessary.
- Maintenance of a contemporary and appropriate database of all sport science/S&C information, which allows reporting on individuals, group or team information.
- Assist with the design of close-season programmes for players.
- Communicate and promote the Academy culture creating an elite environment for the development of young players.
- Have consistently high standards.
- To provide leadership and guidance to the multi-disciplinary team, players and parents.
- Conduct a 10-week review identifying appropriate areas of physical excellence and areas which need developing.
- Deliver practical activities across the phases to enhance best practice.
- Collation and dissemination of the physical data for each phase to guide physical target setting throughout the programme.
- Observation of the junior members of staff and S&C work placement students, to provide guidance.
- Delivery of at least 3 internal professional development events.
- Attend all club and departmental CPD events.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant qualification or equivalent.
- First Aid Qualification.
- FA Child Welfare qualification.
- Current DBS clearance.
- MSc Strength & Conditioning.
- UKSCA Registered.
- Understanding of the Elite Player Performance Plan and the PMA application.
- Previous experience working within an elite football academy environment.
- Forward thinking mindset to developing the department and programme.
Skills & Abilities
- Understands the key concepts of strength & conditioning as they pertain to football.
- Knowledge of peak height velocity, predicted height and methods used to assess both.
- Has developed an understanding of the application of strength & conditioning theoretical framework in an applied setting.
- Maintains an up-to-date understanding of key trends in strength & conditioning provision and the integration and implementation of new technologies to support the programme.
- Interpersonal skills – positive, motivated professional with high moral and ethical values.
- Can lead a group in various settings including on and off field activities and sessions.
- Experienced in the design and implementation of athletic development and performance plans.
- Previously been part a high-performance team in which all staff contributed to a development culture.
- An understanding of the performance and development continuum from youth to senior phases.
- Design and delivery of individual, group and team programs for conditioning & rehabilitation.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- Collaborative, knowledgeable and influential.
- Enthusiastic, inspirational and innovative.
- Good communicator who uses their initiative.
Terms of Appointment
- 37.5 hours per week.
- 20 days annual leave rising by 1 day per year up to a total of 25 (pro rata for part time hours).
- 8 statutory bank holidays.
- 6 months’ probation.
Get to know more about Soccer HUB!
Follow us on Facebook!