The New York Red Bulls are one of 27 teams in Major League Soccer (MLS). RBNY, one of the ten charter clubs of MLS, have competed in the league since its founding in 1996. The Red Bulls play home matches at Red Bull Arena (RBA) in Harrison, New Jersey. The three-time MLS Supporters’ Shield Winners are owned by the Austrian beverage company Red Bull for which the team is named. The New York Red Bulls offer one of the nation’s premier youth soccer development programs, from local soccer partnerships across New York and New Jersey to Regional Development Schools and the Red Bulls Academy teams.
This position requires a dynamic, self-motivated, organized, energetic individual with working experience in analytics at the professional level in Soccer. The position focuses on the 1st team in MLS, but also will support RBNY II and the New York Red Bulls Academy.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Required to perform the job)
- Support senior analysts for RBNY home matches and away matches as advised by the Head of Performance Analysis.
- Support the opponent preparation process for all RBNY Matches through video and data. analysis. Ensuring the opposition documents are prepared at least 5 days before game day.
- Support in the individual analysis for our players and opposition players for our matchday iPads.
- Provide statistical and video feedback of trends within our First Team and MLS data sets.
- Film training and database management of training footage for review and trend analysis.
- Ensure the Portal is populated on a daily basis with training diagrams and video.
- Live code philosophy-based events so we can assess during and after matches.
- Create educational videos based on the club philosophy for the club to use with staff and players.
- Database maintenance and management of all player related performance data, opposition analysis and team analysis.
- All other duties as assigned by Head of Performance Analysis.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job.
- Extensive knowledge of soccer is required.
- Have an enthusiastic approach to the development of soccer players.
- Possess excellent communication, organizational, and time-management skills.
- Experience utilizing any performance analysis and telestration software is required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Candidate will be required to work varying schedules including weekends.
- Bachelors Degree in Performance Analysis, Sports Science, Data Science, or related area of study.
- Candidate is required to have a minimum of 3 years’ of work experience as a Performance Analyst at the professional level in soccer.
- Exerting up to 20 pounds occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data
- The worker is subject to both environmental conditions-work occurs inside and outside