About The Role
LCFC Women are looking for a Foundation Phase Coach to take responsibility for the development of young players within the age groups 9-11 in preparation for entry into the Youth Development Phase.
The successful candidate will ensure a positive learning environment is delivered to the Foundation Phase. They will coach and develop an age group and be in charge of the administrative duties for them.
Further duties of the role will include:
– To assist with the management and organisation for all arrangements for all Foundation Players including match arrangements and training schedule
– To ensure all Academy Performance Plan and EPPP requirements are met within your age group / phase.
– Monitor the development and progress of each player within the group and ensure each player has an up to date Individual Learning Plan meeting their individual needs.
– Ensure team for a matchday have player match objectives and the compile to the Academy games Programme.
Who We’re Looking For
The ideal candidate will have to demonstrate excellent organisational skills and be able to work to deadlines. Other key skills and qualifications for the role include:
– Ability to communicate to the highest level, listens, interprets and conveys information in a clear and accurate manner, provides timely delivery of information and selects the most appropriate method of communication.
– Ability to work autonomously on own initiative, pro-active in managing one’s own time, building an understanding of the internal and external environment in order to deliver work in a highly effective and professional manner.
– Is able to use a range of appropriate techniques to build strong relationships with players, parents and stakeholders.
Do you have these essential requirements?
– Hold minimum Level 2 qualification, and FA Youth Modules
– Experience of young player development and knowledge of appropriate technique and skill development practices.
– Enthuse and be able to communicate positively with young players, their parents, coaches and management.
– Have the ability to lead and develop a small team and prioritise workload.
– Be prepared to work unsocial hours including evenings and weekends.
Leicester City Football Club offers a competitive salary and pension scheme.
Hours Per Week –37.5 as per training schedule and match programme (including evenings and weekends)
Conditions of the role
– Flexibility with working hours required to meet demands of the role.
– Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
– This role is regarded as a ‘Regulated Activity’ and is therefore subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
About LCFC Women
LCFC Women competes in the FA Women’s Championship – the second tier of the women’s game behind the FA Women’s Super League. From its formation in 2004, the club was run on an amateur and semi-professional basis with support from Leicester City Football Club. In August 2020, the club turned professional after being acquired by King Power International – Leicester City’s parent company – and realigned as a core team in Leicester City’s football operation. The club plays its home matches at Farley Way Stadium in Quorn, Leicestershire.
LCFC Women is an equal opportunities employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identify or expression, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
LCFC Women is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. As such, you may be subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Service and prior to taking up any role.
A shortlist of suitable applicants will be compiled shortly after the closing date and successful candidates will be contacted about the interview process.
Due to the urgency of filling this vacancy, suitable candidates will be interviewed as and when they apply, the role will be shut down as soon as a suitable candidate has been sourced.
To progress your application, candidates must also complete an Equality Monitoring Form. This will be treated in confidence to your application and will aid the Club in our obligations and commitments to support diversity and inclusion.
A detailed job description can be found here.
Get to know more about Soccer HUB!
Follow us on Facebook!