Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation through Winning England Teams.
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
To deliver against our goal we have reallocated resources and invested heavily in developing a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England teams at our world-class training facilities at St George’s Park in Staffordshire.
This is a unique and exciting time to join The FA and the Technical Team will be integral to the organisation achieving its goals.
Operating at Director level, influence and support our strategic aims to ensure our success is reflected by winning a major tournament.
Bring a strong leadership presence to St. George’s Park and support the development of the site as a world leading football performance, research and education centre, supporting and assisting the Technical Director to deliver the objectives of the Technical division.
- Support the delivery of the FA strategic plan in order to deliver against Technical objectives and our ‘game changer’ of ‘winning a major tournament’.
- Ensure that a high-performance mindset is encouraged and aligns to our national team’s success at the highest levels of tournament football. Deliver cultural transformation to support this aim.
- Actively promotes the leadership agenda for the diversity and inclusion programmes specifically designed for our elite teams, contributing to the overall FA Equality, Diversity and Inclusion plan.
- Support the Technical Director to build positive and constructive relationships with relevant executive stakeholders in the best interests of the game.
- A regular representative of the Technical Division at internal executive meetings ensuring that the flow of communication is shared and actioned.
- Supports the operational delivery of both coaching and non-coaching disciplines, ensuring a high-quality service is delivered and meets the needs of players, coaches, coach developers and other stakeholders.
- Build close working relationships with FA staff and key personnel in professional clubs to ensure a cohesive multi-disciplinary approach is developed and executed on a daily basis.
- Ensure you role model The FA values and that culture and behaviour at St George’s Park can stand up to the highest standards of scrutiny.
- Undertake any other such tasks that may be reasonably determined by the Technical Director to be within the scope of the role.
What we are looking for
- Proven experience and success in understanding player development in a football environment.
- Track record of leading teams.
- Fluent, comfortable and credible in both the board room and training ground environments.
- Holds or working towards a UEFA Pro-License or other Level 5 football qualification.
- Highly resilient with a track record of delivering in pressurised environments.
- Strategically driven.
- Experience in player development with proven success in elite youth and professional development phase football.
- Proven leadership skills on and off ‘the grass’; ready and able to contribute as an executive as well as a coach.
- Ability to build strong relationships internally and externally including with FIFA and UEFA; will be a respected ambassador for the FA.
- Working knowledge of Premier League and EFL clubs.
- Evidence of related personal professional development.
- The role is based at St. George’s Park and will require a physical presence at the National Football Centre.
- The role will require extensive travel in the UK and abroad.
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.