What is the role?
The Player Insights Analyst Lead will be required to use video and modern technology to support all recruitment decisions at academy and first team level. The analysis insights team will be responsible for the identification, tracking & monitoring and preparation of research of targeted players for the clubs decision making panels. This role will take the lead in the Player Insights Analyst team and support the Player Insights Analyst, where a mixture of operational and strategic skills are required.
What are we looking for?
To thrive in this position, you will be an influential and supportive leader with previous experience in a similar role for an elite football organisation. You will be highly IT literate specifically with scouting software such as Scout7/iSF and PMA. The ideal candidate will have fantastic networking skills in order to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
The competencies which are required include:
- Has experience in an elite level football environment, with experience of working with Video footage.
- Able to show experience of developing and supporting others.
- Experience within an elite level football environment with experience of Video/Live Scouting and all different age groups.
- Line management experience
Essential Qualifications (including certifications):
- Related Sports Degree or equivalent in experience
Desirable Qualifications (including certifications):
- Related Sports Master’s Degree or equivalent in experience
- FA Coaching Qualifications.
- FA Talent ID Level 3
- Competence in the use of Scout7/iSF and PMA.
- Experience using analytical tools such as WyScout and Xeatre.
- Creative presentation skills and experience of creating and delivering presentations.
- Good interpersonal skills – must be a consistent team performer and also have the ability of working independently.
- Highly skilled at building, developing and influencing relationships.
- Excellent written skills.
- A proactive attitude, desire to learn and improve.
- Highly organised, able to take instructions and act upon them and manage multiple tasks.
- A clear focus on the quality and accuracy of the work produced
- Skills with both windows and mac operating systems.
- An ability to communicate in multiple languages.
- Experience using video editing software such as Sportscode and Final Cut.
What do you get in return?
If you are successful you can look forward to a healthy benefits package;
- Access to x2 free match tickets for every home league game
- 25 days’ holiday per year
- Life Assurance Cover of 2x salary.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Incentivised Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
- Child Care Vouchers.
- Worldwide Travel Insurance.
- Free onsite parking.
- Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 1st November.