What is the role?
The successful candidate will be providing performance and statistical match analysis for the Academy, using appropriate technology to analyse performance of players and teams. They will be given specific and general responsibilities to ensure they are working towards fulfilling the department strategy and tactics. In addition, they will be collaborating with the sports medicine and science department to perform ad-hoc duties (including filming of rehab, biomechanical analysis etc.).
What are we looking for?
To thrive in this role you have high quality filming and video editing skills and have an exceptional level of football knowledge. You are confident communicating to your team, coaches and players, and have a proactive attitude. We are looking for someone who is passionate about developing and supporting the Women’s 1st team for multiple future seasons. This role will require you to work alongside the Medical Team but previous experience in this area is not essential.
The competencies which are required include:
- A high level of football knowledge and Analysis experience.
- A good understanding of the elite sporting environment.
- Experienced in filming and video editing processes.
- Proficient using Hudl SportsCode, Hudl.com, OPTA, Coach Paint, Keynote, Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Experience of working with Mac OS Platform.
- A desire to develop and learn through CPD.
- Experience in presenting quantified biomechanics.
Essential Qualifications (including certifications):
- Related Sports Science degree or equivalent experience.
Desirable Qualifications (including certifications):
- Coaching experience/qualifications.
- PASMA: Towers for users
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (team, coach and player interaction).
- Good Team player – Desire to develop others within your team.
- A strong work ethic and proactive attitude within the role.
- Highly organised and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Confidence to lead the delivery of analysis sessions.
- Quality Focus – takes responsibility for ensuring a high quality of work.
- Drive and Energy – demonstrates enthusiasm and is personally committed to achieving objectives set.
- Self-Motivated – able to work off own initiative as well as follow guidance and instruction.
- Self Development – is receptive to feedback about own behaviour, strengths and areas for improvement.
- Experience using data visualisation packages.
- Creative mind-set with strong presentation skills.
What do you get in return?
If you are successful you can look forward to a healthy benefits package;
- Access to x2 free match tickets for every home league game
- 25 days’ holiday per year
- Life Assurance Cover of 2x salary.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Incentivised Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
- Child Care Vouchers.
- Worldwide Travel Insurance.
- Free onsite parking.
- Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 4th October.
Get to know more about Soccer HUB!
Follow us on Facebook!