Derby County Football Club is looking to recruit a passionate and motivated individual, with a clear attention to detail to join the First Team Performance Analysis department.
This exciting role will aid in the management of the Performance Analysis programme by providing a blend of innovative solutions alongside current best practice to enhance team and player development through the provision of analytical interventions that underpin improved performance.
Great communication skills are key to this role. The successful candidate will be required to present detailed and informed pre- and post-match analysis to coaches and management staff using a variety of resources on an individual and team level.
The ideal candidates will hold a minimum of a 2:1 Sports Science or related degree and at least 3-years experience within an elite sport environment (1st team preferable).
- Film and analyse individual and team performances within the 1st team, to the required standard (training and games).
- Using a variety of resources to present detailed, and informed analysis of forthcoming opposition to coaches and management, utilising telestration tools to facilitate game plan creation.
- Liaising with the First Team coaching staff to produce post-match feedback on individual and team levels.
- Build performance profiles using databasing and statistical reporting techniques.
- Produce a variety of resources specific to training/games to reinforce and monitor the Club’s playing style.
Key Skills and experience:
- Knowledge and understanding of industry software including SportsCode, OPTA & SBG is essential.
- High level of performance analysis related skills such as filming, video capture and computer competency.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Experience using telestration software, such as Piero is desirable.
- High level IT and video editing skills.
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of tactical knowledge.
- The ability and desire to work in a fast pace environment whilst working to deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Confident, resilient and self-motivated.
- FA Qualifications would be desirable but not essential.
- Ability and commitment to working irregular and unsociable hours as required.
The safeguarding and welfare of our players is paramount and as such this position is subject to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and Criminal Records Check (CRC).
To apply for this role, please complete an application form, which can be found HERE
Please note that CVs will not be accepted without an accompanying application form.
Completed application forms should be sent by email to [email protected] or via post to; The HR Department, Derby County Football Club, Pride Park Stadium, Pride Park, Derby DE24 8XL.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday 23 August 2020.
Derby County Football Club is an Inclusive Club for all and is committed to Equality and Diversity.
Get to know more about Soccer HUB!
Follow us on Facebook!