Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation through Winning England Teams.
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grassroots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and our two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St. George’s Park.
To deliver against our goal we have invested heavily in developing a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England teams at our world-class facility at St George’s Park in Staffordshire.
As England Women’s Senior Head Coach you will be expected to build a winning England Women’s Senior Team, which respects and lives the philosophy and values of The FA.
You will create and optimise a winning, high-performance culture for the players and wider team at St. George’s Park.
- Prepare the England Women’s Senior Team to win the UEFA Women’s European Championships and FIFA Women’s World Cup
- Create a team culture focused on confidence, cohesion and positive spirit, in which players and staff understand what is expected of them
- Lead the creation of an outstanding performance environment for players and staff including establishing a strong team identity
- Overall responsibility for squad selection, working closely with the Head of Women’s Technical and multidisciplinary teams to use objective data to make informed decisions including attending appropriate fixtures for scouting and reporting purposes
- Develop and maintain outstanding club relationships, including collaboration on Individual Player Development Plans which support England winning
- Work closely with the Head of Women’s Technical to develop a European Championships and World Cup plan that supports England winning
- Collaborate with the Technical Director and Head of Women’s Technical in order to develop and be accountable for an agreed playing style which delivers short term wins and long-term sustainability
- Be an advocate and ambassador for The FA and St. George’s Park, upholding the highest standards of values and morals, fully appreciative of the standards expected in such a high-profile role
What we are looking for
- UEFA A Licence
- Consistent, successful experience of coaching, management and development of elite players and multi-disciplinary staff
- Ability to demonstrate inspirational leadership on and off the pitch using a variety of methods and approaches
- Significant experience of working with senior players with a track record of high performance
- Understand the different demands of club and international football
- Experience of working in high performing environments
- Deep knowledge of technical and tactical components of the game including strategies and tactics
- Ability to create and implement Individual Player Development Plans
- Growth mind-set and strong evidence of continued professional development
- Explicit knowledge and understanding of the England DNA
- UEFA Pro Licence
- Experience of being a head coach within the women’s game
- Experience of coaching women
- Experience of working in the women’s professional game
- Understand the demands of international women’s football
- Playing experience
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
Apply clicking HERE