A new opportunity has arisen for dedicated and committed professional to join Hull City’s Strategic Analysis & Recruitment department in the role of Assistant Recruitment Analyst.
The main responsibility of the Assistant Recruitment Analyst will be to contribute to the continued expansion of the department by monitoring, collating and creating information based on using scouting intelligence effectively. The successful applicant will be required to ensure all video analysis needs of the player recruitment process are met using the data available from a variety of sources to improve the efficiency of the scouting/recruitment process wherever possible.
The selected applicant will report to the Head of Strategic Analysis & Recruitment but will also liaise frequently with the Chief Scout as well as both First Team and Academy staff. This is a full time position but candidates must have an open and flexible attitude to working hours in order to meet the needs of the Club.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Adhere to a strict code of confidentiality in respect of any information relating to Hull City and its operation
- Liaise with our Recruitment Analyst and Data Analyst to monitor the scouting Database and work in a coordinated manner
- Observe, report (iSF) and profile emerging players through online video assessment (WyScout)
- Create and present Talent ID Videos (Mac OS) as and when requested by the Chief Scout and Recruitment Analyst
- Provide analysis of domestic and foreign leagues to identify stand out performers for further analysis
- Ensure an in-depth level of due diligence is undertaken on all recommended players who have been identified as potential transfer targets, to be presented in an appropriate manner
- Attend Recruitment & Talent Identification meetings when required
- Attend all relevant courses or workshops as required from time to time in order to continually develop new tools/templates and technological knowledge related to recruitment analysis which improve the efficiency of the scouting process
- Carry out any other duties as the Head of Strategic Analysis & Recruitment may reasonably assign or delegate in connection with the business of the Club from time to time
Over time, further opportunities may become available to:
- Work with the Data Analyst to strategically profile and view players of all positions from key recruitment leagues (a proficiency in MS Excel would be essential)
- Carry out research projects to help gather market intelligence to build the scouting database
- An excellent knowledge of the game and the ability to interpret and report on live/recorded match events
- Able to research/produce clear and informative reports to a high standard
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to work conscientiously and with total discretion
- Able to work individually or as part of a team.
- The ability to meet deadlines, adjust to unexpected situations and multi-task
- High work commitment
- Able to remain calm and composed under pressure
- High level of IT competency; experience of appropriate software essential- knowledge of Mac OS desirable
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum 1 years’ experience working in an elite environment at a professional club (or within a professional sport working within analysis) as a Recruitment, Opposition/Performance Analyst (essential)
- Experience and knowledge of scouting (desirable)
- Highly competent in using various scouting and analysis software; ideally, WyScout, Scout7, Sportscode and OPTA
- Knowledge of UK and European Leagues would be advantageous
- Related undergraduate degree e.g. Sport Performance Analysis Degree/ Sports Coaching Degree (desirable)
- Recognised FA Talent Identification Qualification (desirable)
Salary: £18,000 – £22,000 per annum
Closing date: Friday 3rd January 2020 at 4.00pm
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]. We also request that you complete our Equality & Diversity Form and return it along with your application; this is to help us monitor the range of candidates and will be treated with the upmost confidence.
Please note we reserve the right to close this advertisement once we have received a satisfactory number of applicants; if you have not been contacted within ten working days of the closing date then you should assume that unfortunately your application has not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Hull City Tigers Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, belief and gender.