Hull City Academy are currently seeking to recruit a passionate and professional Physiotherapist on a full time, permanent basis to assist in the delivery of the Academy’s medical provision to our scholars. The successful applicant will work within a developing, elite sporting environment as part of a multidisciplinary team. This includes, but is not limited to, pitch-side first aid duties and evening clinic cover.
Salary: £24,000- £30,000 per annum
Closing date: Friday 9th April at 4.00pm
This role requires a dedicated and organised individual who is committed and keen to progress within a growing medical team. Opportunities for in-house CPD, with other members of the Club’s Performance & Medical Department, are available throughout the season. Working for Hull City Academy also provides further prospects for national and international travel over the course of the year.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide emergency pitch cover for evening/weekend academy games, tournaments and training sessions. Candidates should possess good communication skills as they will be required to liaise with other physiotherapists regarding all player injuries and assist in the handover to coaches and parents regarding any medical matters which may arise. Legally binding accurate notes will be produced in keeping with HCPC and CSP standards documented via the PMA system.
Candidates must hold HCPC and CSP membership and a BSc or MSc in Physiotherapy. A current, valid ITMMiF/IFAS is desirable but not essential.
Personal specification & experience:
- Understanding of EPPP and requirements working in an academy setting
- Experience of elite sport, preferably football, is advantageous
- Previous experience of using the PMA system (desirable)
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office
- Strong work ethic
- A commitment to offering world class support services to young, aspiring footballers
- An understanding of the impact of growth and maturation from a medical perspective in youth athletes