Exciting opportunities have arisen at Stoke City Football Club of the English Football League for experienced Academy Scouts to support its Academy Recruitment team at its Category 1 recognised Academy.
Ideal candidates will have experience and a thorough understanding of Academy and Grassroots Football and will be able to identify and assess potential players for the Academy Teams U6-U16.
- Identifying and reporting on the most talented young players in their designated geographical area.
- Developing a network of and relationships within youth football and across grassroots clubs in your region.
- Keeping accurate and detailed records of all matches attended and players observed.
- Ensuring the necessary forms have been completed and information collated on all potential player recruits.
- Acting as point of contact between the Youth Academy and players’ parents/guardians and their respective clubs.
- Giving feedback to players and parents/guardians at the end of a period of training and assessment.
- Attending scouting meetings with the Head of Academy Recruitment and preparing in advance of those meetings updates of all scouting activity and targeted players.
- Having a detailed understanding of our Academy Player philosophy and the Academy Player requirements, attending Stoke City Academy training and matches periodically to facilitate this.
- Projecting a professional image and maintaining an ambassadorial role for the Club and Youth Academy at all times whilst adhering to the Club’s policies and protocols specifically in relation to the recruitment of young players.
- Attending Child Protection training as required by the Club and adhering to all guidelines contained within the Club’s Child, Protected Adult and Coach Protection Policy.
Key Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Experience in and a thorough understanding of Academy and/or Grassroots Football in either development phase (U6-U12 or U13-U16).
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good IT Skills.
- Proactive in their approach.
- Trustworthy, adhering to codes of conduct, ethics and confidentiality.
- FA Talent Identification Level 1.
- FA Talent Identification Level 2 (Desirable).
The role requires a high degree of flexibility to cover evening and weekend work as required. The positon will be offered on a casual basis with remuneration given accordingly.
The organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risks and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks and DBS checks at the appropriate level will be obtained prior to employment commencing.