Sheffield United Football Club are looking for a dynamic and motivated Head of Academy to join our Senior Leadership Team. The Head of Academy is responsible for ensuring compliance with the rules and regulations of the Football Association, The F.A. Premier League and The Football League to retain a licence as a Category 1 or 2 Football Academy as so directed by the Club.
The postholder will oversee the Academy operation end-to-end on a day-to-day basis to ensure the implementation of the Club’s Youth Development strategy as set out in the Academy Manifesto and in the Club’s wider business strategy. Sheffield United Football Club are looking for a progressive thinking individual who will utilise internal Academy Forums to drive the project streams that will deliver such strategy and enhance the Academy’s main aim to Outrun, Outfight and Outplay the opposition. The Head of Academy should inspire and motivate those with whom they work to hold such values at the heart of all they do.
- To work with the Head of Player Development to implement the Academy Performance Plan and the Club’s business plan as required.
- To manage all Academy staff in line with their job descriptions and conduct regular appraisals to all members of the Academy Management Team in order to monitor the delivery of the work entrusted to them.
- To hold accountability for maintaining a Category 1 or Category 2 standard Academy and work with the Head of Academy Operations and Adminstration to ensure the delivery of an Academy which ensures compliance with the audit process for the EPPP (or equivalent which may change from time to time).
- To work with the Head of Academy Operations and Administration, the Head of Academy Coaching and the Head of HR in the recruitment, induction and professional development of all Academy coaching staff.
- To work with the Head of Academy Operations and Administration and the Head of HR in the recruitment, induction and professional development of all other Academy staff.
- To ensure compliance of all staff and procedures in accordance with Health and Safety guidelines and F.A. Safeguarding guidelines.
- To work with the Head of Academy Operations and Administration to plan and implement a Public Relations policy to ensure an on-going high profile of the Academy.
- To work closely with the First Team Manager and Head of Player Development to ensure that the football philosophy of the Club is implemented at all levels of the Academy.
- To represent the Academy alongside the Head of Academy Operations and Administration and Head of Coaching on the Technical Board.
- To liaise with the Head of Safeguarding to oversee the welfare and safety of all players within the Academy.
- To work closely with the Academy medical team to ensure the medical welfare of all players within the Academy.
- To work alongside the Head of Academy Operations to produce a regular report to be delivered to the Technical Control Board.
- To communicate with parents of players within the schoolboy programme alongside the Head of Coaching and Lead Phase Coaches to ensure any potential issues are addressed.
- To attend weekly briefing meetings with the Head of Player Development which will provide checks and balances to ensure the alignment of the Academy with the Club’s strategy.
Essential Criteria for the role:
- UEFA A Licence.
- FA Youth Award.
- FA Advanced Youth Award.
- Experience as an Academy Manager at a professional football club.
- Experience of working within an Academy at management level.
- Experience of Youth Development.
- Administration and financial experience.
- Excellent organisation and planning skills.
- Excellent knowledge of the game.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Ability to work using own initiative.
- Proven management skills.
- Strong leadership qualities.
Closing Date: Monday 20th December 2021
Get to know more about Soccer HUB!
Follow us on Facebook!