Tottenham Hotspur is a world famous football club based in North London. Off the pitch, the Club has a strong and successful business model centered around building a platform for long-term success, which includes a new world-class stadium. The Club operates out of multiple sites, including a world class Training Centre in Enfield where all the First Team and the Academy’s training and coaching activities occur, and where the Medical department is based.
The Club is searching for a Lead Academy Physiotherapist to join its Medical Team. The successful applicant will join a leading and innovative medical team which strives to achieve optimal results in the areas of performance, physiotherapy and rehabilitation, while providing elite care for players.
This post will lead on areas of physiotherapy, both clinical and managerial, within the multidisciplinary team in our Academy.
The role will also be primarily responsible for physiotherapy services to the U18 squad.
The role will be involved in implementation of injury prevention strategies and medical screening for the Academy players and contribute to the on-going development of this process in conjunction with the other members of the medical department. The role will be responsible for ensuring optimal cover for all Academy age groups for both training sessions and matches both home and away.
The position is identified as a Designated Person for safeguarding and is responsible for executing good practice around children (under 18s) and forwarding queries/issues or disclosures to the Safeguarding Officer. The role will require an active involvement in the governance structure and management within the Academy and wider medical department.
The position will involve working irregular hours (e.g. evenings / Saturdays / Sundays / Bank Holidays) based around team schedule, so a flexible candidate is sought.
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club welcomes applications from anyone regardless of age, disability, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
- Lead the Academy physiotherapy team in provision of physiotherapy care to our Academy players
- Attend U18 Matches both home and away as required, ensuring pitch side cover is provided with all necessary equipment
- Work closely with the coaching and sport science staff as part of an integrated performance team
- Develop and maintain a programme of injury prevention
- Work collaboratively with the medical and sport science department across the club to ensure a consistent philosophy and approach to rehabilitation
- Ensure player’s parents are involved in and happy with ongoing issues and treatments as appropriate
- Report any safeguarding concerns as appropriate and act on any concerns brought to your attention
- Thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas
- Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates
- Gets things done, delivers to highest of standards, takes responsibility
Skills & Experience
- A BSc or MSc degree level qualification in Physiotherapy
- HCPC Registered
- Experience of working within a high-performance team and a clear understanding of successful player development of young athletes
- An extensive and up to date CPD portfolio.
- Extensive experience of working full time with elite level athletes
- Successful experience of working full time in a high-performance team environment
- Be a good role model for staff and players in the elite sport environment in terms of knowledge, behaviour and development
- Experience in leading and managing a physiotherapy team
- Maintain high professional standards at all time and conform to expected behaviours in terms of clinical practice and confidentiality
- Be willing and able to travel away from home including to international tours and tournaments when required
- Experience in leading a Football Academy
- First Team experience in elite professional football